Gas Lamp Inc. is a U.S. 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, independent arts organization. We are funded by revenues generated through participation fees, ticket sales & program ads, and are run by a group of dedicated professionals and volunteers. We welcome anyone with an interest in the performing arts to become involved with our programs. The Glen Ridge Board of Education provides valuable space for classes, rehearsals and performances at the Glen Ridge High School and the Ridgewood Avenue School Auditorium. Gas Lamp Players is proud to donate revenue from each project back to the school system and to various organizations in Glen Ridge.
Recent Contributions have included:
- Donated $1800 to the Ridgewood Avenue School for cafeteria air conditioning;
- Played a substantial role in the recent renovation of the Ridgewood Avenue School auditorium, including upgrades to the sound system;
- Smartboards for the RAS Music Department;
- $5000 to the Ridgewood Avenue School Locker Fund;
- $1000 to the Glen Ridge Train Station;
- $2500 to GRMPA Piano Fund;
- Donated numerous workshop and camp spaces to various school and community fundraisers including: Project Graduation 2012, Glen Ridge Gala 2012 benefiting the Glen Ridge Public Library, Women's Club Girls Night Out 2012, Montclair Co-operative School fundraiser
We are extremely grateful for the continued support of the Glen Ridge school district and community.
Gas Lamp Players is run by a dedicated team, the Executive Officers, who meets each week and is in charge of the day-to-day business of Gas Lamp Players. The members of the Executive Committee are Sarajane Boyle, Susan Knight Carlin, Kristy Graves, Teressa Kallay, Eileen Kelly and Rennae Pelayo.
The Board of Directors of Gas Lamp Inc. includes Don Flynn, Lisa McElwee, Brandee McHale and Miriam Tensuan. The full Board meets four times a year and helps with the overall direction of Gas Lamp Inc.
Nurturing creativity, confidence, compassion and community
through the performing arts